Friday, May 20, 2005

Shaker Lemon Pie

Shaker Lemon Pie

Pucker Up with Citrus! is this month's Sugar High Friday, originated by Jennifer and hosted this month by Alice. And pucker up was just what I did when I first saw a picture of Shaker Lemon Pie. Now I had grown up with images of lemon pie as being only lemon meringue. As I got older I tried lemon tarts, curd and chiffon pie, but I could just not imagine eating, let alone making a pie filling of lemon slices. Today's SHF presented the perfect opportunity.

The key to this pie is slicing the lemons paper thin and leaving them to macerate overnight with the sugar, not just several hours. You will find the recipe for this pie here. In addition, use your favorite two-crust pie crust recipe and get ready for an old-fashioned taste treat.

A slice of lemon pie--tart and sweet and light!

A slice of lemon pie--tart and sweet with an incredibly light taste of lemon--do give it a try.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...